Meet Your Jersey City Orthodontist
Dr. Ryan Trulby graduated from Rutgers University (R! U!) followed by completing his dental and orthodontics training at Columbia University just across the river, where he was chief resident and received awards for graduating at the top of his class. Ryan continues to be involved at Columbia as an Associate Orthodontics Faculty and secretary of the Columbia Orthodontics Alumni Society. He has completed several advanced training courses in Invisalign and a variety of additional topics, always aiming to learn something new every day. Dr. Trulby has a lovely partner, Gabriella, is a devoted dog parent to his boxer, Niko, and spends his down time running the occasional marathon or reading a new book. He also is an (almost) fluent spanish speaker and a die-hard FC Barcelona fan…Visca Barça!
Why an Orthodontist in Jersey City?
Orthodontist vs. Dentist
An orthodontist is a dentist, but a dentist is not an Orthodontist. All orthodontists are dentists first, but though not every dentist has the qualifications to be an orthodontist. Dr. Trulby continued his formal education for 2 or 3 additional years before receiving the necessary license and certification. As an orthodontist, Dr. Trulby has spent years studying nothing but how and why to move teeth. This includes what to do, how to plan, and how to execute the appropriate treatment plan.
Why does it matter if you see your Jersey City Orthodontist?
Specialists receive additional training to give them the skills needed to deal with more complex orthodontic problems. Dentists receive basic orthodontic training which allows them to perform root canals, extract wisdom teeth, and treat young children who do not need to see an orthodontist yet.
Seeing a specialist like your Jersey City orthodontist may change your experience in braces by:
- Providing additional treatment options.
- Giving you more efficient treatment and visits, because it is the office's primary area of care.
- Knowing that you'll receive the best possible outcome on your treatment plan, especially if you have severe bite problems that need to be addressed.
- Personal experience treating multiple cases that share your unique concerns
- Being seen more quickly, as a family dentist will be focused on longer patient cases or emergencies throughout the day.
- You may think it's easier to have your orthodontic work completed by your dentist. Convenience shouldn't be a concern, because you will only be stopping by your Jersey City orthodontist's offices every six to eight weeks.
And don't let price be a problem either! Heights Orthodontics is proud to provide affordable treatment in the Jersey City area.